Room Use Guidelines
Spring reservation requests will be accepted beginning November 1, 2017. Fall/winter reservation requests will be accepted beginning May 1, 2018.
The Health Sciences Library (HSL) makes meeting rooms and computer labs available to affiliates of the University for uses in support of the library’s mission, the Libraries Strategic Plan 2013-2018 (http://hsl.lib.unc.edu/strategicplan), and the university Academic Plan (https://academicplan.web.unc.edu/).
- The Library determines these priorities and the appropriate room to assign for the requested use.
- The Library may relocate a group to another HSL location, as needed.
- Priority is given to use by HSL staff.
- To encourage the most access to HSL meeting rooms and computer labs, weekly reservations will not be filled.
- Priority is given to those taking board/certification exams. Reservations may be submitted beginning November 1 for spring and summer exams or May 1 for fall exams.
By making a room reservation at the Health Sciences Library, I agree to the following:
- Prior to using a room, I will contact Classroom Hotline Support online (http://hotline.unc.edu/index.cfm?fuseaction=classroom.classroomdemo), via phone (919) 962-6702, or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a demonstration of the room equipment (i.e. projection equipment and room controls). This policy only applies to first-time users and those who have not used an HSL room within the past year.
- For audiovisual and projection needs or problems, I will use the Classroom Hotline Support phones (red) provided in the rooms. I will call 919-962-1288 (desktop support) for problems with computers in the rooms.
- If I need software installed on room computers, I will contact email@example.com two weeks in advance for software installation and testing.
- If I am approved to use a room outside of regular library hours, I agree to pay the charge for additional staff needed.
- In all rooms, I will comply with HSL’s food and drink policy (covered beverage containers/snack foods unless otherwise allowed).
- I will check out the room key (please bring photo ID) and return it to the first floor service desk.
- I will return the room to its default set up as shown on the diagram on the back of the room entrance door, unless instructed otherwise. I will make sure the room is cleaned up, lights are off, room is locked and other posted room specific instructions are followed by me and other attendees.
- I will pay charges for damage, cleanup, or other expenses the HSL may incur from my group’s use of the room. Charges will be commensurate with costs to the Library.
- I will cancel my room reservation as soon as it is no longer needed by emailing HSL Room Reservations (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- I will report any problems or issues with the room reservation, the room itself, equipment, furniture, etc as soon as possible to HSL Room Reservations staff (email@example.com) so that those can be addressed.
By checking the box on the reservation request form, I agree that I have read and will follow the guidelines in this Room Use Agreement and pay any applicable fees.